Hi guys,

here's my blog for everyone who is interested in my next 4 months :) . I will try to keep you updated about my time in India; especially Mumbai.
So far I planned to be back in Berlin on December 20, until then: enjoy and don't do anything stupid while I'm gone ;)
x

Mittwoch, 8. September 2010

Rubbish, poo and smell

Everywhere.
If you thought India smells like a mix of herbs, flowers, trees and rain, then you were wrong. Somebody told you a big lie...
You have to go somewhere far far away from any kind of city or place where people live, to not find rubbish. And I mean FAR away. Its incredible.
Indians chronically don't have rubbish bins. They just throw everything on the streets; sometimes the cows will eat it, sometimes not, or maybe some adorable person will sweep it to a little hill. Or not. The hill would stay on that place anyway, so in the end its all the same. The rubbish is eeeverywhere.
Then most people don't have a toilet here. They just pee and shit in the streets, which doesnt matter THAT much, BUT they also don't have canals or drains (at least not many), which means that all that pee and shit either stays on the roads or just dries into the ground. Mmh.
Next to the humans there are also cows, dogs, cats and lots of other animals that do the same thing.
And don't forget the ill people and the homeless ones without showers etc.
Then there are markets with some herbs, old oil and fried things...
And AAAAL TOGETHER sums up to a smell, which is so incredibly strong that I probably wont get used to it; even during 4 months. Or maybe Mumbai smells less...who knows :)

4 Kommentare:

  1. Well...that's just disgusting. But I guess it will be better in Mumbai - or at least I hope so on your behalf...

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Sounds good! I think it will get better because you get used to it, once you get back here you shit on the street like reading a book.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hi Julia,
    lese deine Blog sehr gerne! Spannend! Indien! Ausserdem sind deine Texte oft so schoen ironisch geschrieben...HERRLICH ;)Weiter so.
    Halte durch im stinkenden Indien! ;)
    xx from Sydney

    AntwortenLöschen